Monday, January 23, 2017

desire

Wow. It is a beautiful day. I am sitting in the Young Single Adult building in the city of Manchester because we had a big zone activity today. Life is so good. This week has been one of so much learning and growth. 

I love being a missionary because we see little miracles happen everyday. It is all based on our focus. When I focus on the good and show gratitude for the blessings in my life, I feel so filled with joy. When I am grateful I can then see all the ways Heavenly Father blesses my life. This week I got to give a talk on grace in sacrament meeting. What a privilege it was to share my thoughts and feelings about the Saviour's grace. I learned so much about it. Jesus Christ already suffered literally every single experience we have. He knows just how to get us through the bad, sad, traumatic, or frustrating times. He knows exactly what we go through. He doesnt ask us to pay Him back. he doesnt ask us to bleed for him. All He asks is that we come and we follow Him. He asks us to allow Him to change us, to allow Him to touch our lives and help us improve. He asks us to allow Him to bring us true happiness that lasts through the ages. That is what grace does. It is the divine help and strength given to us by the Saviour, Jesus Christ. He is sufficient. My desire is to trust and become the person He needs me to be. My desire is to work hard. The only way I can accomplish that desire is by having high expectations. If I have high expectations, miracles happen. We can achieve anything. Father in Heaven has so many blessings in store for us. We just need to broaden and heighten our desire and perspective and He will bring us to greater heights than we have ever imagined. His grace is sufficient for our needs. I know that Jesus Christ is our Saviour. He is the Son of God, He did perform the miraculous.

This week our friend Bernard was baptised. We have watched him change drastically. I feel so chuffed and joyous for him. it is incredible the things that God can accomplish through us. He lets us be a part of it. How lucky we truly are. 

My challenge to you is to broaden your perspective by striving to recognise the things you are grateful for. I can promise that as you do this that you will feel the Lord lifting your burdens off of your back. You will feel His love for you. It is there. He does live.

Have a wonderful week and dont forget to smile and be changed.

XOXO
Sister Cummins

No comments:

Post a Comment