Monday, November 21, 2016

happy thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving my American friends!

I forgot it was until I read my families emails wishing me one too! Unfortunately the British don't celebrate their thanks by shoving mass amounts of food down their bodies....I am pretty sad about it. I do love some mashed potatoes. It will be a Thanksgiving party for one(Sister Bellersen wants no part of it!) Ha! 

This week has been CRAZY! It feels like I was just emailing you yesterday! This week we had a big zone meeting(where missionaries all over areas surrounding Preston gather together to be edified and learn! I got to give a training(lesson) on dignity! HA! I think it was more for me than for them because that is a weakness of mine, as I am sure you all know.(: It was SO good and I could really feel the Heavenly Father using me to teach His children. I could feel so strongly how inspired it was for each of us in our zone to hear the different subjects that we talked about! We learned about repentance as well as putting our selfish desires aside and helping others. It was incredible. I really find that as I lose myself in God's work,He changes me. I LOVE IT! I feel so blessed to be a representative of Jesus Christ at this time here in the Preston Area! We have been called by Him to declare His teachings to everyone we can! What a sacred opportunity! Sometimes it can be disheartening but we don't have to let it! It is like life. Sometimes our lives can feel so disheartening and upsetting but really we do not have to fear or feel overwhelmed because we are children of GOD! That is SO powerful!! 
IN Luke 6: 21-23 Christ tells His disciples, "Blessed are ye that hunger now: for ye shall be filled. Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh.
 22 Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man’s sake.23 Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets."
We should LEAP for JOY when others bring us down(as long as we are doing what is right) because God is so much stronger than any man! We have no need to fear!
This week I got to go to Lancaster to work with Sister Roeun and then to South Ribble to work with Sister Barlow(in fact I am with her RIGHT NOW!) We have found so many people who are interested in hearing more about the gospel. BECAUSE IT IS TRUE!!! These two have taught me that sacrifice is the only way to have true,lasting joy. Being able to go on exchanges and help the sisters in this zone is SUCH a privilege! It is teaching me to trust in the words that God brings to my mouth and to make love my first goal and focus. As we love, we can guide anyone. We can strengthen anyone. But we must love them! SO MY CHALLENGE TO YOU IS: Love those whom surround you. Pray for it. Exercise it. Do it. 
I am sorry I haven't sent pictures lately. I have a hard time getting everything done in just two hours! Please forgive me and I will repent soon! Hopefully next week? There is not much to see anyways...its pretty rainy and WONDERFUL here but I just don't think I could truly capture it's beauty(;. Its green here for a reason!
XOXO
Sister Cummins
PS: Eat some potatoes for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment