Monday, November 14, 2016

just pray

Alright people! It is a rainy November day here in good old Preston England! I just walked into a Jewlers shop that has been existing since 1580. That is pretty impressive if you ask me! There is so much history in this country! It is so rich here! I love it so much! England is just WONDERFUL! A fun piece of history I found out is that during the times when the first missionaries came to England one of the very first places they came was Liverpool. This was one of the only places at that time that had an "open mind" to different perspectives because it was a working class area and this is where the church really started in England. It really shows me that Heavenly Father really prepares the hearts and minds of the people in order for them to learn about how to come back to him! It is amazing the miracles that we get to see! 

This week I learned that life really is all about our perspective! It is about being willing to learn from our trials instead of having them break us. There is always hope. No matter how down we may feel, there is always more. This hope comes because heavenly Father has a plan for us. Every day I am surrounded by people who don't believe that god is real and who lack hope. I realised that it doesn't matter if you believe God is or isn't there because he is. Just like someone couldn't get rid of me because of their lack of belief in me, God will always be there. He is a constant. He is probably one of our only constants in this life and He will not just disappear because some refuse to believe in him. He is real. He does live and He does have a plan for us! I know it. I feel it so strongly. I can feel it through my prayers. I have been praying in a new light and manner this week. I have been really striving to align my will with God's and by doing so we have seen miracles. For so long we have had the attitude that no one hear truly wants to change or learn more about the teachings of Christ. This week i changed my attitude and prayed to see those people who were ready and so many times this week we met people who had been "looking for a religion" or who were "searching for more truth". Some of them "wanted a change" and now I get to share with them the teachings that bring my heart so much joy! My joy comes from my Heavenly Father. I know He is there. Sometimes we just have to change our perspectives in order to see truth. Instead of letting life get dim we can be a light in others lives. I urge you to change your perspective and try learning and trying new things! It will make you SO happy! I swear! You will have increased understanding and knowledge and you will be able to stand firm in truth with a clear conscious and peace in your heart. I know it because I feel it. 

I am typing and typing and typing but I just have so many thoughts. Sister Bellersen pointed that out this week. She said, "Sister Cummins! You take me from one thought to another and another and then another and then i look away for two seconds and you are running away from me trying to catch a bus. You have too many thoughts!" Ha! She also showed me the most delectable treat ever.....stollen and kaesekuchen...my life is forever changed by German food. She is feeling pretty chuffed because germany is the top country to live in right now. if it is anything like their sweets, I wouldn't be surprised!

This week we met an incredible woman named Becky(right after praying to find someone ready!) We stopped her and talked with her for a little bit. Most people in England keep walking so you have to start walking with them but she stopped and talked to us in the rain, with her child. We were baffled! After a little bit she then said we could come meet her at her home and when we went we could feel such a beautiful spirit as we were surrounded by her 3 little girls. We are excited to share the gospel with her and her family! They are a miracle! Please keep them in your prayers!!!

I got to go but I love you all!!!

YOU ARE SO WONDERFUL!! 

I have literally 60 seconds so I have to go!!

LOVE YOU!!

XOXO
Sister Cummins

No comments:

Post a Comment