Wednesday, August 3, 2016

the berry bush

Hi! Hiya! Hello!
HELLO PEOPLE OF EVERYWHERE! Yes, I realise I start every email like this but I just cannot help it!! I AM SO EXCITED TO BE ALIVE!! is that so wrong?! I think not!
So you might be wondering about my caption...no there is nothing truly exciting about this berry bush BUT WE FOUND ONE! And it produces really delicious berries RIGHT behind our flat! I was pretty excited about it at the time and you know what...I STILL AM! Who knows maybe we will meet someone at this berry bush who is super prepared and wants to be baptised....THEN that'll be a pretty remarkable berry bush...good thing we know where it is! :D It produces blackberries and boy oh boy do I love it. Sister Barlow wont touch it but she always shows me where the good ones are! Shes got a berry-licious eye!(; hehe...not amused? Oh well, I tried(:
ANYWHO! This week has been TOP NOTCH! I forgot to email about this last week but I went on my first companion exchange as a Sister Training Leader and boy oh boy was it a jolly good delight! People! It has been SO warm and then the one day I go stay overnight in Lancaster without a jacket it decides to rain! HA! It was seriously hilarious! here I am walking around in my flats, no jacket or tights, with this dorky smile on my face. Priceless. The greatest part of the exchange was that we met an amazing girl named Aurora right at the very end who loves learning about religion and really wanted to know more and she said if she knew what we taught about was true that she would follow Christ's example and be baptised! MIRACLES HAPPEN ON EXCHANGE! and ALWAYS! :D
SO this week has been fantastic! Preston gets better and better with EVERY passing day! Sister Barlow is a proper nutter like myself so we just have a party! Yesterday we were role playing and I decided to hide from her and be a creepy bird lady....it was pretty fantastic...I sound like a complete weirdo as I type this out but I'm okay with it.... :D
As we were talking to people on our way home yesterday we saw this girl across the street and I felt like we needed to talk to her so I accidentally ditched Sister Barlow, crossed the street without looking, and almost got ran over by a car! Don't worry mom! I'm okay! It was exhilarating! Sister Barlow is staring at me baffled and this girl, Jade, was having a really hard day! We got to comfort her in her time of sadness! HOW AMAZING IS THAT! She accepted us to come back and talk to her more! It was amazing! I am so excited to go visit her! So the moral is....if you feel like you should do something...JUST DO IT! Miracles will happen!
Our friend, Laurie, cannot read the Book of Mormon's tiny print for the life of her and we FINALLY got her a HUGE Book of Mormon so she can now read! She is planning on being baptised on August 13th! We are SO SO SO excited for her and now she can partake of the amazing words of the prophets of long ago and really find out for herself if Jesus Christ restored His church to the earth today! How brilliant is that!! Oh I will keep you all up to date with her!
We have been trying to visit this friend named Jane who was taught by missionaries before us for a while but could never get her to really be interested but this week some really hard things happened for her and we were the first people she rang! She was feeling so sad and she said that she just really needed a friend! So we ran down to Longridge as fast as we possibly could and we got to teach her about heavenly Father's immense love for her and His plan! She is SO excited to learn more that she wants to meet with us about 3-4 more times this week!
Whilst being a missionary I have had some amazing(both good and bad) experiences that have changed me. It is my prayer that throughout this next year that I transform completely into a woman who God can trust to accomplish anything he puts in front of me. I am learning taht we are not just mere human beings but that we are SPIRITUAL beings having an earthly, human experience. We need this experience to truly learn and grow but we don't have to go through it alone! in fact, God doesnt want us to! He gives us commandments as well as Jesus Christ's example so that we can see how we can have the greatest, most long-lasting happiness! I have seen how obedience brings so much joy and that I truly get answers from heavenly father as I pray and listen. He wants to direct us and give us the strength that we need! All we have to do is open ourselves up and try it out! I really want to challenge each of you to say a prayer for guidance this week. Just ask God what you should change or what you should do next! Ask Him what you should major in, who you should talk to or any question that is on your mind and before you say Amen I want you to sit and listen. I want you to truly listen to the thoughts and feelings you have! I know that if we believe he can, that He will answer us! James 5:1 tells us that if we lack wisdom then we can ask God and if we trust Him and will act on His words then he WILL tell us! What an incredible promise that is!
I love you all so much! I love my Heavenly Father and I know that He loves ALL of us individually ENDLESSLY! It is my prayer that you will feel His love in your life!
Have a wonderful week and do something crazy! Get out of your comfort zone! There is no comfort in the growth zone and there is no growth in the comfort zone! I love all of you crazy people LOADS!
XOXOSister Cummins







No comments:

Post a Comment