Tuesday, March 14, 2017

opposition and joy in all things

MY FRIENDS!! Hello! Hello!!!

It is Sister Cummins coming to you live from outside the chapel
kitchen, eating a ham sandwich!


It is a great life being a missionary and I have learned a lot of really great things this week!!
It is important to be prepared. I was reasoning Alma 48, in the Book of Mormon, about these two men, Amalickiah and Moroni. Each one is a leader. Moroni leads the people in truth and righteousness and Amalickiah leads his people with lies and deception. They both have strong desires to accomplish their righteous or evil purposes. What I learned is that because of a pro is preparation and desire, he won! If I prepare myself, before a storm of evil hits and have my noughts focused on righteous desires, I will win too! But it won't be me, it will be Heavenly Father, working and achieving his purposes. I am so grateful to get to be a part of that!

I have also learned to just have joy. Just take things one step at a time and God will work everything out. I am focusing on just doing what I can right now and giving it my all. I am taking one day at a time and I am happier then I have ever been before. I feel less prone to compare or be sad and if I do, I just think of all the blessings God gives to me. It is amazing how much good Heavenly Father does for us, sometimes we just have to open our eyes and see. I love him. I love sharing his love with others. I love being his missionary to teach basic truths. It isn't about religion. It isn't about making others Mormons. What matters is truth. Truth that will bring us home. Truth at cleanses and changes us. What matters is being changed for the better and growing and that is what I get to do each day. The message we share is true, it's simple. It's from our Father in Heaven and I love it with the entirety of my soul. We will have trials, we will have set backs. Everyone does. They help us grow. I am grateful for my set backs and imperfections because I know they are helping me to accomplish my purpose in life which is to change!! I love change!! 

Have a blessed day! Focus on others. Read the Book of Mormon. Be sincere. You are more loved than you know. It is a great day to have a great day!! 

Xoxo
Sister Cummins

Pictures: I'm a crumpet-abolisher!! Definitely bringing these back to America!







No comments:

Post a Comment