Wednesday, December 14, 2016

manchester



Alright, Alright. The title gives it away. I am emailing you live from Manchester as we speak! Is that great or what!?! I am so excited! I have spent 5 1/2 glorious months in Preston and will now spend who knows how long serving here in Manchester South(Wythenshawe area) and it is exciting!! There is a lot of good work going on here in Manchester.

As I reflect upon the things that I have learned whilst in Preston I really feel like I have learned who Heavenly Father is and how to rely upon him, how important prayer and scripture study is, and how a mixture of obedience and love can help us acheive anything. I love learning. I love growth.

The past 5 1/2 months in preston I saw that as I told Heavenly Father what I was planning on doing, asked for his direction, and then acted upon the guidance I received miracles happened. My life was transformed. I learned how to really love people. I learned how listening really is such an important part of life. No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care. That is the truth. As I have fed my spiritual self, I have really been given a strength of faith that has helped me to overcome challenges and see miracles occur. Heavenly Father wants us to have strength. He loves us. He wants us to know how important we are to him. We have divine worth and potential in his eyes. No matter what happens he has provided a way for us to overcome our weaknesses and be better. He loves us. More than we can know. Do you believe that? Do you really believe that? Take a minute, sit back, and think about who you are. Think about your strengths, weaknesses, family, skills, everything. Now think about how all of these things are blessings that God has given to you to help you to learn and grow. What a blessing that is! We have so many blessings all around us. Even our weaknesses are blessings. We are taught by a prophet or ancient times that, "And if men come unto me I will show unto them theirweakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." As we are obedient to Father's will for us we see miracles happen. He knows us better than we could ever know or understand ourself. He loves us. He has provided a plan for us which is centralised upon his son Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the son of God. Jesus Christ really knows us because he has truly experiences our sorrows. 

I am so excited to be here in Manchester. I want to apologise if my past emails have been scattered, confused, or lame. I will repent!

I love each of you very much! You can do hard things!

My new companion here is named Sister Limb and is from Utah! How great is that!! My first Utah companion! Yipeeeeee!!!! 

Take care!!


XOXO
Sister Cummins

No comments:

Post a Comment