Monday, September 12, 2016

elder leimer


HELLO, HELLO!

It is Monday and boy am I glad to return and report back to all of you that....


I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!!!!

Oh boy it is such a wonderful experience!!

This work is seriously so much fun! 

So this week we had one of the Quorum of the Seventy, Elder Leimer, come and teach us!! We had an INCREDIBLE mission tour that taught us all about love, service and how to just really love our callings and fulfill them with JOY! It was such an edifying experience! we then got to have a wonderful Mission Leadership Council(MLC) where he attended and he taught us all about how to develop unity in our friendships! He really focused on helping us to reach our full potential and to be the best we can! What i really got out of it though was that in order for us to do anything or be effective in what the Lord has asked me to do I must first love my companion. Love her with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength! If I can UNconditionally love her then nothing can get in our way. I've learned that this is done by focusing on her strengths, apologising, and just making my love known to her! Everything gets better as I do these things! Whenever I focus on building her and serving others my happiness and effectiveness shoots through the roof! When I focus on myself and my needs I start to have my thoughts wander and it is really hard to be motivated. The moral of the story is what? Focus on others! As we focus on others and helping them to be successful and feel good THEN we feel good!! ISN'T THAT WONDERFUL! As we stop judging and start loving nothing can truly go wrong and we can deal with our trials and troubles because God understands us perfectly and he will take care of us as we are His hands and take care of others!

Our friend Ian came to church yesterday! He is amazing!! He is an old British Air Engineer and he has such a strong love for God and for Heavenly Father!! 
He has such a strong desire to do what is right. he is meek and kind and we found him as we were walking right outside the chapel! His mother was a member and he had met missionaries 5 years prior to meeting us in the exact same spot! He is a very loving and kind man and we are excited to see where this goes!!

I have to go...this email has been kind of everywhere...sorry about that! But I just want to close with a quote by a modern day Apostle of the Lord, Jeffery R. Holland:

"the first great commandment of all eternity is to love God with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength—that’s the first great commandment. But the first great truth of all eternity is that God loves us with all of His heart, might, mind, and strength. That love is the foundation stone of eternity, and it should be the foundation stone of our daily life." 

Let us remember God's love for us everyday and let that be our motivation to act with love. I know he lives. I know the Church of Jesus Christ of latter Day Saints is the lord's kingdom restored to the earth and for that I am so grateful! I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen!

XOXO
Sister Cummins

No comments:

Post a Comment